Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Day Off (Sort of...)

This has been a nice weekend. My mom, Paul, Z, my aunt, and cousin came to visit Thursday. We went to Fairy Stone on Friday, and they left Saturday morning. My boss let me change my schedule to come in at 11am so I could eat breakfast with my family before they went home. After eating, I headed into work (getting completely drenched in the process), only to find out I was on call until 3pm. So, I went in from 3-7, which was nice for a Saturday. I got to spend a little more time with my boys at home. Today (Sunday) I got put on call again, which was fine with me. The only problem was that I couldn't go to church because we have crappy AT&T and I can't get a signal at church. So, I've been here at home enjoying my coffee and watching a little bit of tv. The house was already clean, and the laundry was pretty much done b/c I did a lot of it yesterday. Its kind of a lazy morning for me! This week will be weird at work (and next week) b/c I have to work an 8 hr. night shift and a 12 hr. night shift each week. I've only ever worked one night shift and it wasn't a whole night - 3am-3pm. This should be interesting!
Cam started kindergarten last week. He did so well, and seemed to really like his new class and teacher. He said she's a "great teacher" and talked a lot about his new friends. He even remembered names, which he never knows, so I guess they made an impression on him. He walked in the first day like he owned the place, didn't even wave good-bye to us! My baby is such a big boy! I'm so proud of the little man he is becoming, but it's really hard to watch your baby grow up. He still fits in my arms and I can still pick him up, so that's good. He knows he'll always be Mama's baby b/c I tell him all the time:)
That's about it for this post. Nothing much else going on, just have to get through two crazy weeks of work! I'll let you know how the night shifts go!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad he likes school! Molly went to Open House this past Thursday and has become a little more excited about it--she really liked seeing her teacher and her personalized spaces like her cubby and table.

    She starts on Tuesday. I hope she has as much fun as Cameron! :)

    ReplyDelete