Monday, September 7, 2009

Figured I'd give it a try...

1. Do you cook every night?
It goes in phases - I'll get in the mood for cooking and do really well for a week or two, then we get super busy and eat out a lot. I work a lot of 12 hour days and it's REALLY hard to cook a whole meal on those days, so some sort of fast food fits the bill (although I try to make it a little healthy, i.e. apples and salads instead of fries.) I really want to eat at home more and I have a lot of recipes I'd like to try. Secretly, I wish Brandon knew how to cook - wives, if your husband is a cook and loves it you are a blessed woman!

2. What kind of laundry detergent do you use & why?
Usually All rain scent and Snuggle fabric softener. I love our clothes to smell fresh and sweet!

3. Do you do laundry every day or loads at a time?
I try to do clothes and towels once a week on a day off, then tackle blankets and sheets on my weekend off. I like to have every ounce of laundry completed on my weekend off, the kind of keep up during the next 2 weeks.

4. How often do you eat out per week?
Depends on the week. Definitely lunch and dinner on Sundays, then maybe a couple times during the week depending on how busy we are! We eat out way too much and I am so aware of that!

5. Where do you usually eat out?
We eat Mi Ranchito a lot. I try to limit McDonald's, but my boys love it! We also do Applebees some, and I like Taco Bell every now and then. I eat lunch at the hospital some, but prefer to pack b/c then I always know I'll like what's for lunch:)

6. What is your favorite retail store?
I love Target, but the closest is Danville so we go to Walmart a lot. For clothes, I like Old Navy and Gap the best.

7. What’s your favorite thing to drink?
Sweet tea and water.

8. Do you take vitamins? What kind?
2 Flintstones everyday.

9. What percentage of the household chores to you do?
Brandon helps out a lot, so probably about 60-70%. Maybe more if you count the laundry, but he does a lot of dishes and swiffering. I do most of the rest, but he does outside stuff and the trash.

10. Do your children do chores? {Or will they, did they, etc}
Cam definitely will. Now, he is responsible for putting his toys away and making his bed. He does a pretty good job. He's also supposed to clear his plate after dinner.

11. Do you go to church?
Sunday mornings on my weekend off. Brandon and Cam go every Sunday morning and night. We also do Wednesday nights.

12. Do you have a housework schedule?
No, we just do what needs to be done. Laundry is probably the most scheduled thing.

13. Do you keep a working budget?
Brandon does the finances. We try to save as much as possible, if we eat at home more, we'll definitely be able to save more:)

14. What do you do at night as a family?
Depends on what we have going on with church stuff. If there's nothing planned, we watch tv, cam plays with toys, I scrapbook and read, Brandon does computer stuff. Sometimes Cam and Brandon play X-box together. We're pretty low-key around here.

15. How do you prepare yourself for a new week?
We just kind of go over my schedule, make sure Cam's bookbag is ready, I pack Cam's lunch if he doesn't want to buy. We don't so anything too in depth.

16. What do your mornings look like?
On a workday, I'm up at 545 am and I shower and get ready for work, then hea dout by 625 am. Brandon gets up at 7 or 715 am and gets Cam ready, then takes him to school. If I'm off, I'll take him to school and sometimes Brandon and I get breakfast together. On weekends, we take it easy unless there's a youth trip planned, or it's my weekend to work.

17. What time do you get up in the mornings?
See the previous question:)

18. What time do you go to bed at night?
10 or 11pm, Cam goes between 8 and 9, Brandon will go between 12 and 1 (he's bad for that).

19. How do you manage all of the paperwork that floods into your household? {bills, school work, magazines, ads, etc}
Brandon takes care of bills, I read my magazines whenever (they go on a table in the living room), I don't really get coupons, but we don't get the newspaper either. Cam's school stuff is gone through after school each day, I sign what needs to be signed, we do homework, and make sure his bookbag is ready for the next day. Junk mail gets tossed immediately, I hate clutter:)

20. How do you keep your household organized? {calendars, charts, etc}
We try to keep a calendar on the fridge. I kind of keep up with both our schedules, and remind Brandon of where we are each week:) We just try to keep it simple, not too complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment