Friday, August 7, 2009

What interests me...

I think I want to see that new movie about Julia Child, but one thing bothers me. I get caught up in the whole cooking through her cookbook in one year. I think about how much it would cost to buy that much food and then how horrible I'd feel if I messed up the recipe. I'd feel like I wasted all that money! because this cookbook is a french one, not jut a basic one. Anyways, I still think I'd like to see the movie, although I'm sure Brandon would not:) Maybe I'll learn something about cooking from the movie!
So, we're back from a wonderful week of vacation! We went to the zoo, spent time on the beach, and got plenty of shopping time in. Brandon and I went to a movie, also, which was nice. It was so nice being away, but it felt good to get back home in our own house and beds. I like the feeling that this has really become our home. We talk a lot lately about future plans, and I truly feel like we may be where we are supposed to be. I know God has His plans for us and can send us where He wills, but I hate feeling like everywhere we live is temporary. I think that happens with youth ministers, versus preachers. Youth minsters sometimes seem like they have a 5 year limit or so at a church, but as we near 5 years in Horsepasture it just doesn't feel that way. I think churches as loving as Horsepasture and rare and far between (at least in our experience).
I started back to work on Wed. after being gone for a week and a half, which was different. I actually felt like I can't believe my vacation is already over - I felt like we'd just left! I love my job, I really do, and I feel blessed to have it, but it makes me really appreciate those days off! Some weeks it feels like all I do is work, especially when it's busy and I may get called in for additional shifts. But, overall things are great at work and I definitely can't complain in this day and time!
Cameron starts kindergarten on the 19th, which is unbelievable! He has grown up so quickly, I wish it'd slow down just a bit, so I can enjoy each moment even more! He keeps us busy, but is one of the funniest, most independent little boys I've ever met! Everyone who meets him lets us know how unique he is and I take that as a total compliment. He' just his own little person with a huge personality! Keep us in your prayers as we continue to try to expand our family, I won't go into too much detail, but we are trying some treatments and hope that they'll work without us having to turn to high measures.
Have a great day everyone out in bloggerland!

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way--I love our church and I'm really wanting this to be "home" for us.

    I can't believe Molly is starting school this year either--it seems like just a few minutes ago we ran into you at Busch Gardens with the Community kids and we were both pregnant! Time flies, doesn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definitely be praying for you Jessica...Cam is going to have a great kindergarten year;))) I'm excited for him!!! Take care;)

    ReplyDelete